[FRIAM] hot streaks

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 17:58:38 EDT 2021

Roger,

This is exactly why we need to think more about Abduction.  Some of the ships of the fleet are bigger than others and we need to think how and why that is.  There are many symptoms of measles, but one, the presence of Koplic’s spots, is worth many times more than the others.   Koplic’s spots not only occur early in the disease but are extremely useful in eliminating other rash diseases.    Bybee in his article recounts the story of the Count de Something who was said to be the Duchesses lover, a surmise that was confirmed when the cantankerous lapdog of the Duchess was extremely friendly with him when they encountered one another at court.  Some abductive inferences are better than others.  To infer that one was a prisoner at Dachau from his evident PTSD is one thing; to infer it from the tatoo on his forearm is quite another.

Nick Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/