[FRIAM] COVID SaO2 at 7k feet

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 18:11:03 EDT 2021

What am I struggling with? Thanks for the stories about SpO2. They nicely demonstrate that variation is normal. To be clear, when I talk about SpO2, I'm not talking about symptoms at all. I'm simply talking about the number that comes from the little machine. I've never had any symptoms that correlate with a low SpO2 measurement. And I think your (and Nick's) stories indicate that there's little, if any, correlation between the two (symptoms and low SpO2).

However, what was interesting to me during this very normal cold was my elevated heart rate. Even though I quit running seriously about 5 years ago, my resting heart rate is ~63. I've never really monitored it through other infections. But because I happen to have that number along with SpO2, now, I noticed that at the nadir/height of the infection, my resting heart rate was ~100 or ~90 bpm. It's about 80 now, on day 10 since symptoms started. It just never crossed my mind that infections like the rhino would raise your heart rate. But I guess it's common.

--
"Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie."
☤>$ uǝlƃ