[FRIAM] COVID SaO2 at 7k feet

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 21:13:34 EDT 2021

Glen,

I have never been able to get my heart rate up that high for any purpose.  Another individual difference.

In January of this year I was felled by a virus (?) which had no symptoms other than that I went to bed and didn't get up for 4 days. Not even a fever.  Not flu, not covid.  Literally, I slept 18 hours a day.  A big yawner for my doctors.  Assuming they had lost their mind and were killing me with neglect, we called a doctor we knew in California for an explanation of their attitude.  Her answer:  "At any one time there are 2-300 viruses floating around in the population, each one with its own pattern of symptoms or lack thereof.  Feed fluids, take ibuproven and wait."

I would love to know what Renee thinks of that answer.

Nick Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/