[FRIAM] unplanned [sen|obsol]escence

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:28:20 EDT 2021

Before the conversation goes much more off the rails from the OP. That
first of all how are you defining GenerationX? if you meen people born
about  1980-1990. Last I read that had gotten chunked into millennials or
something. So lets start with the basics. people now 35-40+ and drinking?
the data isn't entirely their. Last I read on that the amount of alcohol
being drunk has on average gone down about 15-20% . It's part of why
Budweiser, and Miller (for instance) are struggling to find a hook for
people to drink.  Part of why is being significantly more health conscious
then previous generations. And yeah money as well. My parents drink a lot
more than I do, and my grand parents drank even more yet.
That has been exchanged for a seriously unhealth apatite for energydrinks
though. Which causes all kinds of problems on its own.  That's entirely
because of the economic clusterfuck we've been settled with, the true
employment rate and a having to fucking struggle just to scrape by.
Energydrink and coffee consumption on average has nearly tripled. The
consquences include chronic fatiigue and serius, kidney and heart problems.
Covid isn't helping with that. Having to  have to maintain on average 2 or
even 3 jobs for a typical single person simply because minimum fucking
wage, and lot of people from another generation stuck in a past that never
even existed. Minumum wage at a whoping 10 or even a pathetic 8.50 an hour.
you guys have PHD's some even more than one. you can do the math. So
sufficed to say that their is a refresh of alcholics is far from
surprising. Maybe we can, oh, I don't know unfuck the economy and reduce
our di-stressers and absolute panic inducing stress and anxiety from about
99 thousand  god damn problems we, literaly, got born into. Not the least
of which are a god damn string of lunatic POTUS's and now one with an
entire leg into the grave from being as old or older than most of this
mailing list.