[FRIAM] A pretty cellular automata video

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 13:14:41 EDT 2021

"""
Very nice. Part of the trick is that when a cell dies in the 2D space (Game of
Life), it fades to black rather than goes black immediately.

"""

Yeah, that is a very nice feature. I like that the "fade" is also a
seemingly random fade through the RGB. It would be really cool to have
a side scrolling video game with this as the procedurally generated
background. I cannot help but create my own narrative for what is
"happening", like those old psychology videos with the triangles. Here
I imagine the earth churning and finally giving rise to life and then
the gliders making there way off planet.