[FRIAM] Ordinary logic

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Apr 1 16:27:15 EDT 2022

  Frank -
> Formal logic is not a god but exists independently of nervous systems.
>
> A -> B   <->   -B -> -A

But is it *relevant* to anything independent of (central?) nervous systems?

I know this isn't precisely what you meant, but I would suggest that
formal logic and gods have more in common than not, being both artifacts
*of* special kinds of symbols and transformation systems for them.  I
don't know that molluscs (even cephalapods) have formal logics nor gods
(though they may well be capable of some kind of arcane modeling and
prediction that is in some sense equally powerful/useful/interesting).

- Steve

PS.  I liked EricCs reformulation of the scenario, it fit well how *I*
parsed and sorted things out.