[FRIAM] fluid codes

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 17:33:35 EDT 2022

ps.
In: https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/2022-March/092172.html

EricS writes:

3. Then (actually, all along since the beginning of the construction)
one needs to talk about what kind of aggregation operator we can apply
to systems, and quantities that do accumulate under aggregation become
the arguments of the state-function entropy, and the extensive state
variables.  (I say “accumulate” in favor of the more restrictive word
“add”, because what we really require is that they are what are termed
“scale factors” in large-deviation language, and we can admit a
somewhat wider class of kinds of accumulation than just addition,
though addition is the extremely common one.)

By somewhat "wider class" is it meant that one would require only the
*multiplication by a scalar* condition of linearity without requiring
additivity?