[FRIAM] A million year old driving assistant

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sun Apr 24 15:04:49 EDT 2022

But I just don’t understand the metaphor.   These are separate sensor suite and software that was added by some manufacturers long after motor vehicles had become popular.
I think of emotions as more rogue, non-compartmentalized, side effects of memory.    When quickly put my dog on a leash because I spot another dog at the park who won’t share toys and won’t play nice, that’s more like a driver assist.  It is *not* the piloerection and aggression I see in my dog when once she spots that dog.

Incidentally, Tesla tracks the position and types of cars in the vicinity, even without the full self-driving product.