[FRIAM] FW: monsoon

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 23:39:01 EDT 2022

Hi, all,

Back in June, when sF had all that rain, I wrote a smart-alecky letter to the abq weather office asking it the pattern was truly a monsoon pattern.  The result is below.  I am bewildered (as you can imagine) because I thought  that the monsoon had to do with a weakness in the subtropical belt of high pressure that rings the globe at about SF’s latitude in the summer, a thermal low pressure area caused by the intense heating of the SW deserts.  .

As I say, I know nothing.

Nick Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/