[FRIAM] dystopian vision(s)

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Aug 15 12:40:13 EDT 2022

The largest public infrastructure project I remember in New Mexico was the Railrunner train track installation, and even that involved decades of public debt.
Population-dense regions are interesting to me because big projects are possible because there is a tax base.  Bay bridge, BART, high voltage power distribution under the bay, bike paths around the bay, 10 gigabit networking, etc.   Someday there may need to be desalinization rigs in the bay.   All of this is conceivable with millions of people to pay for it.   Being spread-out means more crude oil for asphalt.