[FRIAM] computer monitor

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Aug 25 15:27:46 EDT 2022

Gil -

I have gone past the use of external computer monitors in my own
life/work and have a total of 3 re-homeable units I could offer you.   I
don't have the specs on them in front of me, and I can't guarantee their
ruggedness, though I am not easy on most of my gear and I have not
damaged any of these beyond some surface scratches.

I would be happy (ecstatic?) to gift forward one or more of them to you,
even it you go through them in a year or two's time the same way the
others gave out, as long as you made some effort to push them forward
into the appropriate recycling stream (not even sure where old LCD
monitors go to rot/recycle)?

A decade or more ago I used to cringe everytime I would see another CRT
TV or Monitor in an arroyo "shot up" by my neighbors.... it has been
years since I saw a fresh one...  and to think we all used to sit inches
(feet) in front of them staring at them all day (esp. for those boomers
who were babysat as children by Captain Kangaroo and his ilk) as a
high-energy electron beam was directed straight toward their third-eye,
depending on the layer of phosphors (I don't know how carcinogenic those
where when released during wild target practice sessions) and *leaded*
glass to protect our precious little neuronal mass known as our brain.
Oh well, most of us are "OK" and of course, it may well be the *idea*
flux coming out of them that was the most dangerous.

    https://thehappyphilosopher.com/kill-your-television

Lemme know!

  - Steve