[FRIAM] wtf I thought nuclear weapons was banned since...forever

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 18:24:34 EDT 2022

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/27/europe/russia-blocks-un-nuclear-disarmament-treaty-intl-hnk/index.html

Am I going loony, I had thought after ultra conservatives of different
interpretation in communism had tried to murder (1991 coup attempt)
Gorbachev, and his part in draging russin into the Nuclear Weapons Ban and
Test ban treaties that was that. Though was a we widdle youngling then I do
clearly recall Gorby being all like: Un Embassy has good and poison free
food, the coffees also good. and then latter: well Russia you'll stop being
dicks about nukes and like it we won't make more are taking apart what we
do have...
so um why is this a thing?

So um cans someone please ELi5 wtf is going on with  a new nuclear ban and
disarm. treaty and how was russia even allowed to cock block it?  is Putin
really as insane as to attempt to nuke Ukrain? (probably). And  is this
just him being a dick to pout and posture? Hell do they even anything  that
can move those things? they're not exactly light.

Sigh. To russia: trolling about a nuclear winter or at least a MAD scenario
just because Zelenskyy  doesn't like being murdered in his sleep KGB style
doesn't make it ok to not  decide nukes== f'n stupid, can still make bombs.
just not make a few Tsar Bombas because the rest of us want to live past
the next few years.
-ME for one