[FRIAM] Training your value network

Eric Charles eric.phillip.charles at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 13:52:44 EST 2022

Given the history of Kyu and Don rankings, the phrase "Amatuer 5th Don" is
highly amusing.

Very cool video. It is hard for me to imagine a game of chess in which
players resign with so many moves left. Admittedly, I've only played very
amatuer chess, but hoping-your-opponent-screw-up would seemed pretty
important, if there were a really large number of moves left to be made. If
there were only a few moves left, not so much.
<echarles at american.edu>