[FRIAM] Another Stunning Hydrogen Development - Retake Our Democracy

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Feb 8 15:17:54 EST 2022

The Berkeley area is a case in point.  There are some people that don't want to see growth of the city and increased population.  They say to move out east.   But as one gets away from the mild microclimate near the water, it gets hot and fire risk goes up.   The cost of property is astronomical and there is an incentive for people that already have property to keep it expensive.   There is ongoing residential building going on along BART that extends out in all directions.

Anyway, it seems reasonable to me to use existing infrastructure in ways to make things safer.    Even though I'm not in a high-risk fire zone, homes in my immediate area do get their power turned off when there is wind.   That seems completely ridiculous.  Taking survivalist measures like buying $20k worth of batteries when one ostensibly lives in a major metropolitan area seems to be evidence that things are very broken.