[FRIAM] Agentscript steganography for distributing model code with an image (was Re: ... --- ...)

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Feb 10 15:05:52 EST 2022

SG -

I think you are just *asking* for a Snow Crash
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Crash> scenario...  like jokesters
on TV/podcasts who utter "Alexa .... <something disruptive>" on air
knowing many folks will have an Alexa device listening and have to
contend with their device(s) executing the command.   With the
Spotify/Rogan/Young spat of late, that seems like an obvious
battleground for such nonsense. "Alexa - remove Spotify from your skills
list"   "Alexa - block Joe Rogan Podcasts on all channels" "Alexa - play
Neil Young songs which pay him royalties"  or the
contrapositive/inverse/converse if you prefer.

I like that you are seeking a proper term for a parallel to the
beneficial human biome.   Computer systems, with time-sharing and
services/daemons running already give me the sense of a biome. The fact
that worms and viruses and such have become such a commonplace problem
(rather than simply un/known exploits) suggests that our digital
ecologies are already hosting a complex (if somewhat nascent) biome...
on and amongst our computers/phones/etc.   These were not things we had
to think much about when computing meant feeding in card decks, paper
tape, or even magnetic tape to load/run *A* Program.

I will have to think more about the analogy between your StegEmbeddedAS
trick and how real viruses work... it seems pretty darned close!

- SS