[FRIAM] food for thought sheer number no adblocker no browsing

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 17:14:59 EST 2022

Did re-install of windows not to long ago
I have some N++ number anti stuff in chrome, with a list growing more and
longer
For adds because I want to watch sports and or youtube without 99sexptilion
adds:

AdblockPlus
Unblock

To try avoid googles addsense on my phone:
fingerprint blocker
canvas fingerprint blocker

For youtube just because:
Unhook YT

Oh right and just to try out: ghostery

Given N as the number of needed extensions before googling cat videos or
something. I feel like this is some sort of deranged escolation and
powerlaw thing for the internet equivalent of wearing jeans and jacket.
What all are folks "must have" extensions? and is their any hope in making
the web sane. By sane I meen: not spammed (or zerged) with advertisements?
For me for instance: the other day on my phone I double checked on how to
re-install windows...ever 5 minutes was something from a VPN provider, or
ridgewallet or what ever just in a 15 minut videos to me that's to much!
Just curius what folks think, what, if anything can be done about the
ridiculous number of adds to the point I for one go right to Firefox and
Chromes extension page instantly before anything else.