[FRIAM] by any means necessary

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 13:55:57 EST 2022

[sigh] I'll remind you of my original purpose in posting this (repeated below your post). It's about the difference between utilitarian and consequentialist ethical practice. The point, here, is not "transparency for all organizations" ... sheesh ... right after SteveS mentioned strawmen. The point is that cavalier pursuit of single-minded objectives, similar to Stanley's point we've discussed before, to the detriment of the mesh of consequences, intended or not, is suspect.

Because Musk is a huckster with an intense "move fast and " destroy the world attitude, it's reasonable to infer that Neuralink tends to focus too single-mindedly on their intentions and less on their unintentions ... to internalize profits and externalize costs. In the case of animal testing, the externalized costs take on an extra dimension. And that dimension *is* subjective. Of course. You use the word "subjective" like a pejorative. But that's what this is about. The subjectivity of the animals.

--
glen
When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers.