[FRIAM] sanctions schmanctions

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Feb 25 15:47:44 EST 2022

I was thinking of the case where a NATO member state doesn't want to threaten their natural gas from Russia but would still like to see Putin's ambitions complicated.  They could visit a web site and arrange to delegate some hardware resource to their favorite Ukrainian militia, general, or some other NGO.  But it would be important to keep their fingerprints off the operation.
Or it could be some rich folks in Hollywood or New York decides someone in Iran has to go, and they put together a bake sale paid in an appropriate cryptocurrency.
At some level, the latter probably happens anyway, but this would cut out the relevant senator.