[FRIAM] Roger Mcnamee !!??

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Jan 3 15:44:15 EST 2022

Nick writes:

< So what do your present investments look like? >

I work at home, and like most people (during the pandemic) there's a point at which you want some privacy and quiet space to do work.   So, I hang out in the garage, which is fine most of the time here, except for right now.   It is the few months of the year where it is uncomfortably cold.

I look at my PGE bill and ponder my options.  I can do nothing and be annoyed with noise and distraction.   At about the same cost I can 2) build an insulated ceiling in the garage and turn on heaters, or 3) not insulate the garage and heat it.   If I heat with gas or propane, it will be a relatively low cost.   If I use electricity, it won't be cheap.   To fix the electricity problem, I'll need to slap down $40k or something to get the Tesla Powerwalls + solar.   If I do that, I don't even need to insulate since I'll have power to spare.   Ideally, I would do both 2 and 3.

The problem is that I'm incentivized to do the lazy thing which is to get a cheap gas heater.
They should be taxing the natural gas so much that I don't even consider it.

Marcus
So what do your present investments look like?

Nick Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com<mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com>

https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/