[FRIAM] The Insurrection Index

Barry MacKichan barry.mackichan at mackichan.com
Wed Jan 5 13:49:05 EST 2022

This map, like many others, is pretty much a map showing the population
of each state. Using color to give #insurrectionists/population would be
better, but even this still improperly gives relative importance to the
states with large areas.

Dave named the two states that are formerly independent. For
completeness I’ll add West Virginia which seceded from Virginia when
Virginiu seceded from the US. (I think some counties in east Tennessee
also seceded, but weren’t enough to make a state and weren’t
contiguous with the US.

—Barry