[FRIAM] The Insurrection Index

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 09:01:08 EST 2022

As I read through your stories, I can't help but think of the "harm reduction" (HR) concept. There was a decent, recent Skeptoid podcast on the decriminalization of drugs in Portugal. It talked a bit about the difference between decriminalization and legalization. And that distinction seems to lie somewhere at the heart of being "in the system". And perhaps it's a manifestation of whatever core physiology it is that binds the [ma|pa]ternal-individual perspectives into a triangle. HR seems to cut a comfortable, practical slice through the mess, much like what I imagine a steely-yet-kind affect would look like. I haven't. But I'd *like* to buy some street drugs and take it to, say, a rave and have the HR team test it just to get a feel for that process from the user's perspective. I think I can project how it might feel to be on the HR team. But I really don't have any idea how the users feel about it. One of my neighbors back in Oregon, I'm speculating, would have thought the HR team was part of the "deep state" ... or spies for the DEA. But I've known many drug users who are more rational than she was.

--
glen
Theorem 3. There exists a double master function.