[FRIAM] The Insurrection Index

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Jan 7 14:54:39 EST 2022

So, there are about 21 million people that are addicted to some sort of drug, 2.1 million that have an Opioid use disorder, and there are about 50k deaths a year related to opioids.   Maybe the death counts just aren't big enough to pay attention to?  (Putting this number in the context of, say, COVID-19.)  Even if the approach were Harm Enhancement, it probably wouldn't significantly change the population size.

https://www.addictioncenter.com/addiction/addiction-statistics/
https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/deaths/index.html