[FRIAM] gene complex for homosexuality

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Jan 10 13:06:59 EST 2022

< To me, they seem very different. Hope is more of a feeling, like anger or love, whereas optimism is more of a cognitive bias. I tend to be an optimist, but am largely hopeless. It waxes and wanes, but is usually swamped by feelings of overwhelming doom. And my doom helps me stay grounded, I think, in spite of my optimism. Interestingly, doom replaced the anger I grew up with ... somewhere between age 40-50. >

I'm the opposite.   I'm very much a pessimist and expect things will go badly unless there are thoughtful interventions.  But I have hope that those that drive us to the bottom will be extinguished through just such a thoughtful intervention.   Hope is the inclination to climb out of the hole, but comfort recognizing it is a hole and coping while in it.