[FRIAM] gene complex for homosexuality

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Jan 14 13:47:58 EST 2022

On 1/13/22 5:48 PM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> Anyway, the reason I noticed this article is that I posit that the
> steely harm reduction approach that was discussed recently is in my
> mind a form of stoicism.   Can one put away their emotional responses
> and make hard choices based on the greater global good?   If one
> engages in large intimate social networks, I would say two things are
> likely to happen:  1) executive decisions become harder because there
> is diffusion of sensitive information, and thus political
> complications in making them. Members in the network may not be
> sharing the whole factual context (preferring the emotionally laden
> parts) 2) there are still dominance relations (her language), but they
> are just manifest in different ways.  Namely by being in the center of
> a social network and slightly censoring the information that gets
> passed along.

this makes me think of the progressive ideation: "think global, act
local" which first-order I support/ascribe to.  Your point illuminates
higher order issues with this.     I always felt it held a strong
component of hubris that any of us could actually effectively *think
global*.   A variation more apt might be "feel global, act local"?

I presume there are network theoretic models/treatments of aspects of
this phenomena?