[FRIAM] Communication guides for the elderly

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Jan 22 12:58:30 EST 2022

Steve writes:

< As a boomer (I consider myself late-boomer, born in 57 but I think that puts me late-middle) I was (nicely) triggered by the bit about the ... use of ellipses ("how can you interpret that as anything but passive-aggressive?").  >

An omission can serve several roles.  If the reader doesn't trust her boss, she should keep her distance and make communication as formal as possible to avoid misunderstanding.  Or she could just lighten-up and take on the minor cognitive load of reading the text with as many reasonable interpretations as possible so as not to project her vulnerabilities on other people.

Marcus