[FRIAM] There is a Thich Nhat Hanh sized hole in the Universe

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sun Jan 23 14:08:53 EST 2022

/There is a Thich Nhat Hanh sized hole in the Universe/

begins my as-yet unwritten */Ode to Thich Nhat Hanh/ *who passed away at
95
<https://plumvillage.org/about/thich-nhat-hanh/thich-nhat-hanhs-health/thich-nhat-hanh-11-11-1926-01-22-2022/>
yesterday.

I would like to invite everyone's perspectives on his particular
interpretation of Buddhism's particular take on the nature of consciousness:

The Four Layers of Consciousness
<https://uplift.love/thich-nhat-hanh-the-four-layers-of-consciousness/>

given our never-ending discussions from a mostly different perspective:

DaveW's studies of Eastern Philosophies.   Glen's talk of diachronic vs
episodic self.   The general talk about Consciousness from a Western
(esp. Pearcean) perspective here. Monism/Dualism.  The HARD problem.   etc.