[FRIAM] health care logistics

David Eric Smith desmith at santafe.edu
Tue Jan 25 09:39:56 EST 2022

To say this is a value question is fair, glen, given my shorthands of language.

However, I would like to split apart questions of “who wants what” from questions of “what can or cannot happen under what conditions, irrespective of what anybody wants”.  In principle we have ways to get at the latter question; we often do worse in getting any resolution out of the former.  Maybe there is something basic in this?  Our notion of truth is that on any properly-posed question, there should only be one durable answer.  Whereas in the area of desires, we think it is either inescapable, or for many also desirable (a self-referential value judgment) that different answers coexist indefinitely.

Eric