[FRIAM] trump coin

Roger Critchlow rec at elf.org
Fri Jan 28 13:27:13 EST 2022

I misheard someone talking about an echosystem the other day, which was
actually an ecosystem, but the name has stuck in my head.  I imagine it as
a multidimensional spin glass where each site can tune its receivers and
transmitters to particular dimensions of the spin state.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/28/technology/trump-coins.html

A sample:

> In one post, a fake account for Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, a
> Georgia Republican closely aligned with Mr. Trump, shared a fake story on a
> fake Fox News website about a fake tweet by a fake Elon Musk, falsely
> claiming that Tesla’s chief executive would soon accept Trump coins as
> payment.

That's probably affiliate marketing for a steel coin painted silver and
gold sold by two guys in Bucharest.

It's all about how you spin the echosystem,

-- rec --