[FRIAM] thanks for nothing biden

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Jul 7 10:54:13 EDT 2022

As I was leaving NL, Amsterdam was  planning to significantly reduce the
number of "coffee shop" licensed locations because they were felt to be
an enforcement problem... being a magnet to illegal drug trade in the
vicinity.   It does seem like the best place to try to score something
harder would be where the soft stuff is sold.   I don't know if
streetwalkers hang out close to adult video shops but it seems like an
obvious strategy?   I have become so innured to the odor of pot in the
air that I hardly noticed the few areas in Amsterdam proper where there
were skunky wafts... or maybe the higher humidity helps to mask or
dilute such odors?

I'm not a fan of aerosolized *anything* in the commons, whether it is a
pickem-up-truk "rolling coal" or a man or woman who thinks an extra
layer of strong perfume makes them more attractive or less-offensive or
someone who mistakes the strong scent of antiseptic in a space to be the
same as having a well-maintained or clean space.   I'm not specifically
offended by much of any of them (except maybe heavy exhaust) but it is
always annoying that the folks offering them up seem to be insensitive
to the idea of a shared commons (same with loud music/exhaust/partying
activity).