[FRIAM] Modeling Fascism

Jochen Fromm jofr at cas-group.net
Fri Jul 15 16:06:24 EDT 2022

Today after work I've tried to built a small and simple machine learning model to predict fascism, based on 6 or 7 fundamental features. Using Shapley values we can see which feature contributes the most to the outbreak of fascism. If I enter values which fit to the US under Trump the model indeed predicts a form of authoritarianism.No big data or deep learning, just a small neural network based on scikit-learn (no Tensorflow, Keras, or Pytorch). Juypter notebook here:https://nbviewer.org/github/JochenFromm/JupyterNotebooks/blob/master/ModelingFascism.ipynb-J.