[FRIAM] Gross incompetent maggots concast

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Jul 21 14:58:47 EDT 2022

I know you missed my point but then made it for me.   When we treat
redundancy as a linear way of increasing some quality
(availability/bandwidth/etc) we set ourselves up for experiencing the
recursion of N sets of belts and suspenders can become N-1 which can
then become (N-1)-1 until we reach 0.   Your point as I understand it is
what I was urging...

Not urging Gil to write two checks, but for Gil and each of his
neighbors to write their own separate checks and with minimal increased
complexity mesh their services within conventional WiFi range...  each
participant might choose their uplink according to their own
idiosyncratic interests (the one who has 6 TVs running on different
cable channels gets ComCast, the one who loves Elon Musk gets Starlink,
the one whose brother-in-law is a co-owner of the wireless company...,
the one who likes annoying her tinfoil-hat neighbor uses a 5G hotspot,
and the oldSkool prepper/survivalist provides the HAM radio relay
uplink, maybe the overgrown boyscout offers a 1bps semaphore service
with his friends within line-of-site) and then they all benefit from the
*robustness* you speak of.  We are in violent agreement again.