[FRIAM] Ψ

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Jun 7 05:05:44 EDT 2022

I think "(mis)anthropocism" is a spectrum across more than one
dimension... probably, nominally a fractal dimension for those who must
quantify.

When I first encountered the term "neuro-diverse" and thought (similar
time frame) about "anti-social" I found a lot more wiggle room for
appreciating the many ways people present and in fact *are*!

Your (glen) attempt to place yourself on (the extreme of?) a couple of
axes, is part of that apprehension.   When Doug shouted onlist "Glen,
you can sure be an A**hole sometimes!" he was not wrong, but that said
as much about how he *took* your trickster/contrarian style as it was
about your intent (or so I surmise, who knows really?).  I can't speak
for the whole list, but many of us *seem* to thrive on your contrarian
style.   Even when I think you are *trying* to be mean, it feels more
trickster-esque than not... possibly a complete misread on my part, but
maybe just what I need?  I guess that makes you an "accidental" or
"reluctant" tool of sorts (perjorative noted but not intended)?

Your reference to "scooter traffic in India" had such a perfect
resonance with the Scooter/MC/Car/Bus traffic in Paris I experienced (as
a rental-car driver from the wide open US Southwest) it.  That could
have been appalling, especially the circum-ambulation of the Arc du
Triomphe!   I was intrigued as much as appalled as I lurched  my way
through the lurching traffic trying to get to the other side.  I felt
like a Salmon running upstream to mate, but caught in a maelstrom of
sorts.   I loved/hated every other vehicle(driver)  I saw/encountered in
that mass whirlpool (that goes on at different intensities every hour of
every day and night of every year?)...   you would have loved (and/or
hated) it in a completely different way?

I'm sorry/not-sorry if this comes off as a compliment (or a criticism?)
because I am sure I meant it to be the other thing.