[FRIAM] edgelords

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sat Jun 11 02:49:06 EDT 2022

shaiza!

I think the AI Overlords intervened and encrypted my diatribe on AI
Overlords!   On the other hand, maybe I'm just clumsy.  Let's try again!

By "try again", i meant I was going to go cut-n-paste the original
message from my sent-box, but find that it-also only holds an
un-decryptable copy?  Did I say shaiza! already?

I shant try to reproduce the muddled slant/rant that is my signature
here, but rather try to offer the summary that is more apropos for this
forum...

    Goodreads reviews categorically diss the organization and writing of
    this book...  I think that doesn't mean the contributors thoughts
    and experience on the topic are not valuable.

    Kissinger hisself has quite the history, starting as Jewish teen in
    Bavaria as Hitler (and Hitler youth rose to power), then emigrating
    with his family to NY and becoming a US Army infantryman but with
    intelligence roles/credentials due to his fluency in German language
    and culture.

    He has Nixon-cooties on him, but I think history has proven that
    whether I agree with many of his values/ideas, he was a deep thinker
    on big scales (global geopolitics with a modern-history perspective
    going back at least as far as Napolean).

    If AI is taking over, it is bubbling up from the bottom in the form
    of smarter and smarter devices, appliances, and networks of them
    (IOT/smart-home, etc) as well as *maybe* from the top (strategic
    insights in business, finance, politics, military, industry,
    technology-development)?

Thanks especially to Cody for making the point about Kissinger being the
big-heavy name (not that the others are not their own big-heavies) on
the book!  I really should read me some Kissinger (the Nixon cooties
might be dead and dried up enough by now that I can do that?).