[FRIAM] Panorma Mesdag while in the Hague (Fwd: Immersive Panoramas of the late 1800s, Edinburgh and other cities (first immersive metaverses))

Stephen Guerin stephen.guerin at simtable.com
Fri Jun 24 09:44:50 EDT 2022

Steve,

Reminder of this past thread on panoramas and to check out Panorama Mesdag (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panorama_Mesdag) while in the Hague. I don't
want to oversell it but I love the pure analog creation of immersion. Also,
perhaps it was special because Ali, the boys and I,  spent a few days prior
in the Hague beachside district of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheveningen which is the location of the
panorama paiting so I was very familiar with the location.

Reminder on the era of panorama immersions in this thread:

> Cool youtube on history of panoramic drawing from Calton Hill, Edinburgh
> for immersive exhibitions in London
> https://youtu.be/wpSeIkl2EI4

there was another museum in The Hague we went to, Mauritshuis, that had
some other artist but I forgot his name.

Stephen

Stephen.Guerin at Simtable.com <stephen.guerin at simtable.com>
CEO, https://www.simtable.com <http://www.simtable.com/>
1600 Lena St #D1, Santa Fe, NM 87505
office: (505)995-0206 mobile: (505)577-5828