[FRIAM] academic freedom

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Mar 4 16:02:42 EST 2022

< The 'Great Hurrah' regarding sex/gender the past few years is, IMHO, mostly nonsense, oversimplification, and reification in service of politics and power. >

For example, at Glen's pub meetup, why is it a topic people want to talk about, and why do they have strong feelings and opinions?   It seems like kind of a handwave to attribute it to some powerful people that have some arbitrary agenda, or just to attribute it to the powerful persons' habits.   The unseen powerful people just brainwashed these folks into having strong opinions where they need not have any?    It seems plausible to me these puppet masters are opportunists who see some strings to pull, and so they do.   But why is that puppet there in the first place?