[FRIAM] Z

Patrick Reilly patrick.reilly at ipsociety.net
Wed Mar 9 20:39:10 EST 2022

That would be "overthrow of the DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT BY THE
Greek Fascist Junta (Regime of the Colonels)"

----   Pat

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 5:04 PM Frank Wimberly <wimberly3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw that in Pittsburgh when I was a graduate student.  It made a strong
> impression on me but I hadn't thought of it in years until you
> mentioned it, Dave.  "Votre nom et profesión?"  That one, right?
>
> ---
> Frank C. Wimberly
> 140 Calle Ojo Feliz,
> Santa Fe, NM 87505
>
> 505 670-9918
> Santa Fe, NM
>
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2022, 10:19 AM Prof David West <profwest at fastmail.fm>
> wrote:
>
>> Being old enough to remember the film, I find some irony in the symbol
>> "Z" being used to signify support for the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
>>
>> One of my favorite movies, *Z*  (starring Yves Montand and Irene Pappas;
>> written and directed by Costa-Gravas) was based on the real-life story of
>> the overthrow of the Greek Fascist Junta (Regime of the Colonels) in 1974.
>>
>> davew
>>

>> .-- .- -. - / .- -.-. - .. --- -. ..--.. / -.-. --- -. .--- ..- --. .- - .
>> FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
>> Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn UTC-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam
>> un/subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com
>> archives:
>>  5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
>>  1/2003 thru 6/2021  http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/
>>

> .-- .- -. - / .- -.-. - .. --- -. ..--.. / -.-. --- -. .--- ..- --. .- - .
> FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
> Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn UTC-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam
> archives:
>  5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
>  1/2003 thru 6/2021  http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/

confidential information.  It is intended only for the use of the person(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly,
please send an email to patrick.reilly at ipsociety.net.