[FRIAM] To repeat is rational, but to wander is transcendent

Nicholas Thompson thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 19:25:48 EDT 2022

Hi Jon, I am sitting outside at a Ohori‘s. Chris tells me that there’s some sort of giant fork cook up that’s going to happen around six or maybe seven and then we all should come. Not the kind of thing I could talk Kenny into I don’t think but it might be fun to bring the kid to. They all smell is much more bearable when there’s an actual smell of food mixed up in the afternoon is very mild and pleasant. I wanted to take a few moments to try and get my mind around the intensive extensive distinction I now have a way to remember which is which which is the intensive properties are independent of the size of the system. So at least I have that little bit of grip.  Song the number of altruists in a group is an intensive sorry sorry extensive property of the group it changes with the size of the system according to Siri, the functional organization of the group the degree of functional organization if you will varies nonlinear early with the number of altruist  but it does vary with the number vouchers and so would be also an extensive property? No according to Winsett poop so far as I’m concerned is the only one who makes any sense on the subject an emergent property contrast with an aggregate property so the number of altruists in the group is an aggregate property because it is insensitive to the arrangement of the parts when you get a property which is sensitive to the arrangement of the parts then you get an emergent property. So I’m trying to think of those two distinctions are orthogonal related to One another. I will send this message along now that’s where I am at the moment. I will send a message along now so you get the info about the pork. Since I have no computer I will probably keep dictating these messages to you which you are entirely entitled to ignore but give me a medium in which to Think. Nick

Sent from my Dumb Phone