[FRIAM] To repeat is rational, but to wander is transcendent

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:55:05 EDT 2022

Yes, that's a well-placed example. I recently accused Nick of Foundationalism. But my accusation isn't quite right. It's more like you say the general gist that platforms are good (or useful). The trick is the ability to doff and don platforms, which assumes a plurality of platforms. Maybe it's like a sparse graph in a dense space. Where there *is* a platform on which to stand, that gets you 80% to the place you want to be, don it. Where there isn't one, doff 'em all and walk the graph to the last common ancestor and build from there.

My problem is I'm not creative enough to build my own, and pain tolerant enough that I'm satisfied with even 30% of the way there, building a one-off nobody would ever bother to read or use. So I'm too pluralist ... too willing to play others' games.

--
Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙