[FRIAM] quotes and questions

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:41:38 EDT 2022

Glen writes: """
Nick likes to say he's grateful for anyone who reads his writing. But
the actual good faith action is to criticize it. Reading it is like
nodding politely with the occasional "ah", "yes", "uh-huh" while
someone tells you their boring story. Engagement is the real
objective. Reading is a mere means to that end. And disagreement is
demonstrative engagement.
"""

I apologize for disagreeing and reading past the text in places. When I
think about *reading* awkward social situations or divvying up grocery
store tasks with my partner, disagreement is not always my preferred form
of demonstrative engagement. Sometimes it is pleasant to offload some
of the implementation details to a "group thought" compiler.