[FRIAM] quotes and questions

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed May 18 23:04:32 EDT 2022

Steve,

They have had some tough lessons about testing and software quality, but they still really have very little interest in improving the situation.  The dysfunction serves them as well as the peripheral projects like viz in a way -- the usual warlords get more money forever.  Why be efficient?  Most of them have very narrow interests.   I never felt like I was a woo peddler, but more like someone that was in a target rich environment.   I could flood their inboxes day after day with new reasons why (and often did) but they weren't really interested in discussing it.    Meanwhile, there were times in which I just followed my nose with an initiative without really being sure if it would have a payoff.   I don't think that was woo because it was self-ware.  And in an environment where the money keeps coming, why not?   Usually, the managers were not interested in debating technical merit or risk, but just in keeping social orderliness and making everyone cognizant of the pecking order and our purpose.

Marcus