[FRIAM] Essentialism, Praedicamenta, Katēgoriai and Category Theory?

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Mon Nov 7 11:39:00 EST 2022

In my fumbling about in Essentialism,  I backed into the (implied to me)
question of whether Aristotle's /Katēgoriai/ in any way presaged or set
the stage for the formal mathematics of Category Theory and if his
/Praedicamenta/ was in some way an Ontology of Epistemology?

I'm guessing that the postModern OO and Patterns CS types here might
have their own perspective and formalisms related to these questions?

Glen's sideswipe at the term (ala Gibson) of /Affordances/ a few threads
back was maybe where these thoughts first bubbled into my awareness?

<yah... probably all just word salad...>