[FRIAM] Essentialism, Praedicamenta, Katēgoriai and Category Theory?

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Mon Nov 7 13:06:12 EST 2022

SG wrote:
> FWIW, related to you're wquery, my tabs open on my ECP-SJC flight are
> related to attempting to formalize my babble of "The Dual of a Model"
> in bidirectional path tracing. "Opposite Category" with associated
> links is my current dive :-)
>
> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposite_category
>
> Jon Z or Frank... does it bump any glass beads for you?

Times like these
<https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/k-tuply+monoidal+n-category> I just want
to go back and (re)learn Mathematics (aka Maths) from 0th grade
forward.   I doubt  I could find a proper kindergarten to enroll myself
in to obtain this (not Montessori, not Waldorf, not Reggio Emelia
<https://www.reggiochildren.it/en/reggio-emilia-approach/>?)...  maybe
Fairmont High
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Collected_Stories_of_Vernor_Vinge#%22Fast_Times_at_Fairmont_High%22>
when the AlzCocktail kicks in?   Maybe just *any* place that uses
Eugenia Cheng <http://eugeniacheng.com/math/books/> for reference
material (nod to REC)?

<shaking tiny fist while mouthing " get off all the lawns! " >