[FRIAM] Getting Verbed...

Roger Critchlow rec at elf.org
Tue Nov 8 08:49:29 EST 2022

Yes, I remember the look on Trump's face after the white house
correspondents dinner in 2011, and thinking that was one really pissed off
asshole.  Googling the event brings up lots of articles that wonder about
that night as well as videos that let you relive the burn.  This is why
we're taught not to do mean things, even when it seems to be the perfect
payback.

I've been thinking that this tsunami of resentment politics is our promised
age of leisure, we've become rich enough as a civilization that many
citizens finally have the time and means to engage in more refined
pursuits. Unfortunately the art of revenge is as refined as many of them
can imagine.

-- rec --