[FRIAM] Getting Verbed...

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Nov 8 11:18:18 EST 2022

I think that throwing one's weight (wealth) around indiscriminately
(without regard to obvious collateral damage) is an evil no less
judge-able than other "sins of omission".   It may be more *structural*
or *systemic* evil than *personal* in the sense that *being a
billionaire* is a setup for out-of-scale (ir)responsibility.  Trump may
not be technically a billionaire any longer (unless you allow for
billions in debt) if he ever was, but his cult-figure status translates
into a much larger bull-in-china-shop presence than mere wealth.

If Musk's Twitter-buy makes any sense it is in the interplay of wealth,
influence, ego and the erratic bull-in-china-shop application of wealth
is clearly translating into a ego/influence boost *inside* the
cult-of-Elon and it's collateral mutally-supporting vortices-of-ego
(Trump, Putin, Thiel, Musk, Rogan, etc.) which just pumps more energy
into the "chaos" (scare quotes intended).   I'm sure they believe that
they are doing the proverbial "millions of dollars worth of improvement"
attributed to tornado-systems when they tear through a 50's era
mobile-home park.   And within their logic system maybe it is literally
true.

Regarding unipolar/multipolar/globalist/diversity arguments, the growth
of complex adaptive systems includes the pattern of differentiation and
re-integration at each level of complexity. The
one-world-order/globalism that multinational industry, religion, and
politics has been flirting with for millenia now seems like an
inevitable happening upon which a fresh mode of complexity/diversity
will emerge.   It isn't un-motivated to resist the "integration" phase
if you are one of the entities which evolved in the context of the
leadup differentiation phase. It is not un-natural for sub-entities to
be more and/or less "ready" to give over to or accept the next phase
that implicitly undermines much of what makes it unique (differentiated).

It is complicated to try to span these levels of organizaiton, and in
fact, possibly impossible?  Is it possible for an entity at one level of
scale/complexity to survive (be expansion) to embrace the next level
(whatever levels actually mean in this context - nod to Glen's
discussion/distrust around "levels")?   Seems like not... even
attempting to describe that transcending from my *level* is probably an
illusion.