[FRIAM] My Work On Earth Is Not Yet Done

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 18 16:04:55 EDT 2022

Colloquially, "in your head" signifies that construct—the self, the consciousness— that you do not accept as a real thing.

If one were to be charitable, one might interpret the sentence as "it is not psychosomatic." Reason being pain results in signals in both the body and the brain, so it is a phenomenon in the 'physical world of electrons and neurons' as well as the 'physical world of the flesh'.

But why be charitable?

davew