[FRIAM] De-Leveling

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 17:40:47 EDT 2022

Levels of Description and Levels of Reality: A General Framework
https://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/21103/

At some point, RussA expressed a little frustration at my constantly criticizing the use of the word "level", preferring the word "layer". Similarly, my criticism of Nick's use of "metaphor", preferring "analogy" (and SteveS' suggestion of "mapping") is a bit of a broken record. Well, this paper by List not only treats some of that, it also tangentially treats the Hard Problem and effibility by proposing a category that might be used to model many of these positions.

I have loads of problems with the paper. But it's a good contribution, regardless.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ