[FRIAM] Wolpert - discussion thread placeholder

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Sep 14 22:23:27 EDT 2022

DaveW -

> A more reasonable question is what caused a small subset of our species to 'go beserk' and take a subset of the SAM that served our species so well for so long, to such abstract extremes? An answer might be found, and is argued, in the Ian McGilchrist works on recent  "left-brained" dominance. [left-brain is such a limited shorthand for what McGilchrist argues in some 700 pages of prose, that I am trepedatious  using it lest it evoke the wrong headed popularization of the notion.]
I am just now trying to gather McGilchrist's ideas in response to
Jenny's private urging to do so.   So far I'm impressed that he is
coming to an understanding from a very different route as I am regarding
the relationship between creativity, consciousness, and the fundamental
nature of matter and energy.

- SteveS