[FRIAM] Scientismists & functional noise

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 16:26:50 EDT 2022

I don't really get how that assertion relates to Dave's overlooked Signal. But it does fit right into K&W's assertion that sometimes tossing in more noise can help tease more signal from prior noise.

I disagree, though, that Monte Carlo is *unbiased*. It's really just a composition of sources for variation. Those sources, their shape and [ex|in]clusion, and the method by which they're composed can bias the composition one way or another. It may be the least biased way of doing the composition. But it's not *un*biased.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ