[FRIAM] Five Lectures in the Time of COVID-19

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:21:10 EDT 2022

Ha! 2 Escher mentions within the span of 2 days (Myers: https://youtu.be/RPuWHN0BTio?t=1811 and Bellomo 1.14 - slide 17). Myers' assertion that co-sheaves might actually help with the problem identified by Bollomo seems interesting, though I'm probably not competent to pursue it. It also seems to wind along with the semiology of the "Nick's monism" thread, where EricC seems to be trying to re-assert the orthogonalities within Peirce's typology of signs. And it dovetails nicely with Russell's upcoming "barriers to entailment" book, wherein she tries to unify "level" problems across Hume's guillotine, indexicality, temporal, and impredicativity problems ... Maybe I can call it "the ontological status of epistemological extrapolations and methods for their error correction".

Similar to the "signal in the noise" thread, my psychiatrist friend's assertion that people are either "splitters" or "lumpers" obtains. Splitting seems trivial to me. Lumping is more interesting. But lumping is susceptible to gurus. Which reminds me, awhile back, I asked y'all about the Consilience Project. Well, we finally get an ... [ahem] ... analysis of the Consilience Project's main guy (Schmachtenberger):

https://decoding-the-gurus.captivate.fm/episode/daniel-schmachtenberger-jamie-wheal-jordan-hall-making-sense-about-making-sense-of-sensemaking

Thanks for the link, Pietro!

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ