[FRIAM] [EXT] the Monty Hall problem

John Kennison JKennison at clarku.edu
Fri Aug 11 09:46:17 EDT 2023

Hi Nick,

I think you are onto something with the "intuition trap". When I first heard the Monty Hall problem, I suspected the best strategy would be to stick to one's original choice. If Monty Hall is trying to get me to change my choice, he is probably trying to avoid having to give me an expensive car.

A mathematical proof requires nothing but cold logic. Finding a proof usually requires intuition.

--John